Recording King RD-227 Torch series guitar has a beautiful abalone rosette and abalone purfling on the top. Made with all-solid woods and featuring the most authentic pre-war-style features, this classic guitar is perfect for all styles of playing.
The "Torch" with abalone has a solid Sitka spruce top, solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, fully scalloped forward-x bracing, a one-piece mahogany neck, a vintage-style beveled pickguard and an ebony fretboard and vintage-style slot-through bridge.
This guitar also has a wider 1-3/4" nut that makes it great for flatpickers, bluegrass players and singer-songwriters, plus a redesigned “torch” abalone/M.O.P. headstock inlay and abalone snowflake position markers.
- BODY SHAPE: Dreadnought
- TOP MATERIAL: Solid AA Grade Sitka Spruce
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: Forward X-Bracing
- TOP BRACES: Spruce
- NECK MATERIAL: 1-Piece Mahogany